Read these instructions on your phone, tablet or computer and do the actions on your tv box.
First: Update Chrome
Go into Settings (gear wheel in the top right corner of the screen ) then scroll down to Apps.
You may need to click See all apps.
Scroll to Chrome and click it to see what version is on your tv box.
You will need a Chrome version starting with 80 or higher in order to successfully download files.
If the version of Chrome on your tv box is less than 80, it needs to be updated. Click here for instructions to install or update Chrome.
Second: Clear The Download Folder
Since the release of Kodi 19, it is very important that you clear the download folder in file browser before starting anything. If you don’t do this, you will get an error.
Go to Apps.
Scroll to File Commander (may be called TV File Commander).
Click File Commander.
Scroll down to Internal Storage and click it.
Scroll to Download.
Note: your tv box may not have a Download folder here. If you don’t see Download here, exit back to the main screen and continue to Second: Uninstall Old Apps
Click the right arrow on your Shield remote to highlight the three dots to the right of the word Download.
Click the three dots. A new menu will appear.
Scroll down and click on Delete. Click OK.
Exit back out to the main screen.
Third: Uninstall Old Apps
1. Start on the main opening screen of your tv box. Scroll over to Settings and click it. On most Shield tv boxes, settings is a gear icon in the top right corner. Yours may be somewhere else on the screen.
2. Scroll down to Apps. Click it. Scroll down to See All Apps and click it.
Next, you’re going to uninstall old apps. You may not have all of the apps listed below on your tv box. Uninstall the ones listed below that you do have. ONLY uninstall the apps listed below.
3. Scroll to Cyberflix. If you have 2 Cyberflixes installed, uninstall both. Click it. Scroll to Uninstall and click it. Some boxes require clicking OK and OK.
4. Now scroll to MX Player. Click it. Scroll to Uninstall and click it.
5. Repeat Uninstalling for any of the apps below that appear on your tv box.
Now you’ve uninstalled all old apps. Click Escape or the back button to return to the main opening screen.
Fourth: Download the New Apps
1. Click on Apps.
Look for Chrome and click to open it.
Note: Older versions of Chrome won’t allow you to access all areas of our website. If you can’t access all the necessary pages of our website, you need to update your Chrome.
If you don’t have Chrome or need to update it, use these instructions.
2. In Chrome, type in homearcadeinabox.com. Go to the Login tab found in the top menu bar. Log in using the username and password you chose when you registered.
3. Go to the drop-down under Download Pages called “Download Page A”. If the Home Arcade website is already open from a past update, refresh the page.
4. Scroll down to MX Player Download and click it.
NOTE: If you see the message “Chrome needs storage access to download files”, follow these steps: -Click Update Permissions or Continue -Click Allow -Close the internet browser window, this updates the permission -Open the internet browser window again, type in homearcadeinabox.com and click on Download Page B -Repeat Step 4
5. You may be prompted to click on Download. If so, do. Allow permissions if asked.
6. Click on Typhoon TV Download. Allow permissions if asked.
7. Click on Viva TV Download. Allow permissions if asked.
8. Click Nova TV Download.
Allow permissions if asked.
9. Click on Cyberflix TV Download. Allow permissions if asked.
10. Click on Kodi Download. Allow permissions if asked.
11. Click on Home Arcade Wizard Download. Allow permissions if asked.
Fifth: Install the New Apps
1. Click the back button on your remote several times to return to the main screen.
2. Go to Apps and click it.
3. Scroll to File Commander and click it.
4. Arrow down to Internal Storage and click it.
5. Arrow down to Download and click it. You should see the files you downloaded there. If you don’t see a file there, it didn’t download. Go back to www.homearcadeinabox.com and click the file you need to download again.
6. Click on MX Player. Click Install. When it’s done, click Open. Allow permissions if asked. Click back to return to the installer menu.
7. Click on Typhoon. Click Install. When it’s done, click Open. Allow permissions if asked.
*If a pop up appears that says, Blocked by Play Protect, This app can collect data that could be used to track you. Click Install Anyway. If you are concerned about your internet service provider being able to see what you are streaming, subscribe to Real Debrid. Not only does Real Debrid act as a VPN (meaning it shows only that you have connected Real Debrid’s server but not what you are streaming) Real Debrid also gives you premium access to fast, high-quality links. For more info on Real Debrid, click here, or finish updating and read the final paragraph on this page.
Choose Exo Player when prompted. Click back to return to the installer menu.
8. Click on Viva TV. Click Install. Click Open when it’s finished. Allow permissions if asked. Click back to return to the installer menu.
9. Click on Nova TV. Click Install.
Click Open when it’s finished. Allow permissions if asked.
Click back to return to the installer menu.
10. Click on Cyberflix TV. Click Install. Click Open when it’s finished.Allow permissions if asked. Choose Exo Player when prompted. Click back to return to the installer menu.
11. Click on Kodi. Click Install.
When it’s done, click Done.
Now you can exit back out to the main screen.
And you’re done installing the new apps!
Finally: Install Kodi
1. Click Apps and look for Kodi.
2. Click Kodi. Allow the permissions.
Kodi may close, click the Kodi icon to open it again.
3. Click the gear wheel found in the top left-hand corner.
4. Click System found on the bottom right-hand side.
5. Scroll down to Add-ons. Arrow over to Show notifications. Click OK to turn the toggle to on.
6. Arrow down to Unknown Sources. Click OK to turn the toggle to on.
7. Choose Yes for the pop-up window.
8. Press Escape or back twice.
9. Scroll down to Add-ons. Click it.
10. Arrow up to the open box icon on the top left. Click OK.
11. Scroll down to Install from Zip File. Click OK.
12. Scroll down to External Storage. Click OK.
13. Scroll down to Download. Click OK.
14. Scroll down to plugin.program.homearcadewizard.zip. Click OK.
15. Wait a few moments and a pop-up menu will appear.
16. Scroll to Keep My Trakt and click OK to fill in the circle.
17. Scroll to Keep My Real Debrid and click OK to fill in the circle.
18. Scroll to Keep My Favourites and click OK to fill in the circle.
19. Scroll to Continue and click it.
20. A pop-up will appear. Click Build Menu.
21. Scroll to Home Arcade In A Box: Fresh Install. Click it.
22. Click Continue.
Should the update get stuck on a blue screen with white words, click here for instructions to restart it.
*If after following the video above, you find you don’t have the Home Arcade Wizard on your tv box, click here for instructions to get it and restore the Kodi build.
When it’s done, click Force Close.
If you have a Real Debrid subscription, you’ll need to sync it with the updated apps and Kodi add-ons. Click here for a video tutorial or here for written instructions. If you don’t have a Real Debrid subscription, you should! Read below to learn why!
Unless you have a VPN (you’ll know if you do) or an active Real Debrid subscription on your tv box, do not choose a link that says “Torrent”. These are file-sharing links that play really well but will get a warning letter from your internet provider. Typically these links are found in the Kodi add-ons but may be in the Android Apps as well.
If you’re having a hard time streaming, shows buffering, slow to start, not many links to choose from, we recommend signing up for Real Debrid.
We’ve noticed that there seem to be fewer free links and more people streaming these days which leads to bottlenecking and buffering. If you find you’re having a hard time getting a stream to play or are experiencing a lot of buffering, you’ll want to sign up for Real Debrid.
What is Real Debrid? It’s a premium streaming service that makes streaming a dream with tons of exclusive links and fast upload speeds meaning virtually no buffering!
We wouldn’t stream without it and strongly recommend it to everyone who streams.
It’s a great value at 16 euros for a 6-month subscription, which breaks down to about $4 a month for easy streaming! If you want to try a short term subscription, they also offer a 15-day subscription for 4 euros (about $5).
This link shows you how to sign up for Real Debrid and connect to your account to your tv box’s apps and add-ons. If you prefer written instructions, use this link.
Set up for Viva TV is the same as shown for Cyberflix with the exception of getting to Settings. Settings in Viva is found on the top menu bar.
Their website is http://www.real-debrid.com.
For Real Debrid troubleshooting, click here.
Keep Reading – More Important Info
If it’s been awhile since you’ve used your tv box and you’d like a walkthrough of the programming, click here.
Quick tip for Viva and Nova: When watching a tv show, don’t click Watch Now, instead click Choose Season and go from there
Did you know you can use the Android Apps (Viva, Nova, Cyberflix and Typhoon) without first opening Kodi? You can! Viva, Nova, Cyberflix and Typhoon are stand-alone apps that do not require Kodi to run. We’ve included them in our Kodi build but they can also be used on their own. If your tv box has a + symbol on the main screen, it has a shortcut area. Click the + and a menu of apps will appear. Click whichever apps you want to appear on your shortcut bar and then click back/escape to exit out. The apps you have chosen will now appear on your main screen for easy access. If your tv box does not have a + symbol, you can still access any of the Android Apps without first opening Kodi by going into Apps on the main screen of your tv box. There you will see all of your apps, click to open either Viva, Nova or Typhoon directly.
Should you follow the pop-up prompts to update the android apps Cyberflix and Typhoon?
Yes, always do these updates.
Have a problem with one of these updates? See Questions & Troubleshooting under Customer Info for more info.